Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour 2008

Listen up people, the most important day of this calender year is upon us. For today is the day we get "Earth Hour 2008". The day you can, "join millions of people around the world in making a statement about climate change by turning off your lights..."


How nice...darkness. Like in the good old days. Before the combustion engine, natural gas furnaces, air conditioning. Just sweet carbon-free enviro-friendly darkness.


It seems to me that this is just where the environmental wackos would want us all to be. In darkness.


In reality though, the hatred for a people’s free use of energy is their "statement about...turning off the lights". They long to control our energy use. Through taxation, intimidation, guilt.


The Global Warming hysteria is simply an attack on freedom and the Capitalist system. That is what needs to be lit up. The truth behind the fear.


For the hysterics, it is better to keep people in the dark about such things as the un-forecast cooling of the oceans. Sunspot cycle’s influence on weather. Or that of cosmic rays. The fact that, "The ice between Canada and southwestern Greenland has reached its highest level in 15 years.". Or that there has been no warming since 1998. In fact, 2007 was the coldest in Canada in 15 years.


Could this be the beginning of an Ice Age?


I, for one, am not willing to take that chance. So I intend to turn on every light in my house this evening. Every electronic piece of equipment I own. I’ll start my car. Turn the furnace up to 85. The A/C down to 50. I’ll light the burners on my stove and crank up the oven. All for the good of the planet.


Join me, won’t you, for "Earth Hour 2008". The day we make our own "statement about climate change" and stop the dreaded Global Cooling.

Labels: